BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Goodbye purple...Hello brown :) & MAC Surf Baby

Ah...relief! The 'Chocolate Truffle' took ok on top of the purple, hurrah :) I still think there is a hint of the purple throughout but am impressed overall and quite liking the new colour! Really feeling like I should change my blog name though...
I must say, this round of home-dyeing was the easiest and most comfortable yet! My sister Donna kindly put the dye on for me, and for a change from the norm I got in the shower to wash the dye out, rather than sitting, breaking my neck over the side of the bath whilst Donna washes it out (like we usually do!). Only left the dye on for about 10 minutes, the smell was lovely, my hair is shiny and I like the colour.

Overall, I am very impressed with L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss and shall be using again <3 Well, I need to anyway as I bought 2 packs and only needed the 1! I do want to try one of the more reddish colours though, like what Cheryl had <3

Recommendations of brands and colours welcome :) What hair colour are you loving right now?

Here's a few photos of me 'posing' with my new colour (taken tonight in my bedroom. I haven't seen it in natural daylight yet but hope it's even nicer!)

  
The lipstick I am wearing is my new MAC Hibiscus, from the Surf Baby collection, which arrived today at work :)
This was the only product I bought from the Surf Baby collection.
I usually go for pink lipsticks, so this is very different. I am unsure about it at the moment, but it might grow on me. I think I am just so use to pinky colours, purples and sometimes red. I haven't seen this in natural light yet so it might be nicer then. I think I will like it more then, as these photos were taken in my room, with the flash, and I look pretty pale, with dark hair and lipstick. I do love the texture though, it is a Cremesheen lipstick and therefore is really glossy and smooth to apply.

A few photos below:
I was going to crop this to just the lips but I like how shiny and sleek my hair looks :)

Hope you have all had a good day :)
xXx

4 comments:

  1. Glad it worked for you !

    Btw, I'm your latest follower, visit my blog and follow me back if you like http://honeyblondelife.blogspot.com/

    xoxo Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    and thank you for following my blog, I have just become a follower of yours too ;)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was googling casting gloss in chocolate truffle and stumbled upon your blog, the dye certainly looks good enough but most importantly I'm in love with the hibiscus lippie. for some reason I didn't give the collection surfer baby much chance, since I felt like it would suit darker skintones but I'll swallow my previous thoughts and buy it. I love your nailpolish aswell, may I ask what is it?

    I guess you're dyeing your hair back to purple now but chesnut looks lovely too, you should give it another chance in the future if you ask me! by the way, I think leaving it on for 10 or 15 minutes is the key rule about casting gloss. everybody leaves it on for 20 then keeps saying it turned out black. you should do it only if you're looking for an extra darkness and intensity, it's most true to the box at a 10 or 15.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments :)
    Yes, I thought the same about the Surf Baby collection, which is why I only purchased the Hibiscus lippie. But I am very fair skinned, and if it works for me it will work for you just fine. Go buy some!
    Thank you, the nail varnish is No7 Stay Perfect 'Spice', which was part of the Limited Edition collection out a few months ago.

    Yes, I am back to purple again now, but I may well go back to the chesnut'ty colour at some point, it was difficult to take on purple though and the purple ended up coming back through! Next time I will try 10-15 minutes then :) I wasn't sure how long to leave it with it going on top of purple! I still have other colours I would like to try too but I think the purple might stay a little while longer yet!

    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) Leave yours below...